While doing some window shopping over the last couple of weeks, we discovered some fun finds for Valentine’s Day gift ideas at local Tampa Bay Area dog boutiques. The proprietors are constantly searching the country for unique dog-themed items. So, if you’re in the mood to shop with and for your dog, stop in at any one of the local area shops, and say hello. It pays to shop with The New Barker Valentine’s Gift Guide. Simply mention The New Barker dog magazine when you make a purchase, email us your receipt (firstname.lastname@example.org) and you will automatically receive one of the following, while supplies last:
1) A gift certificate from a Bay Area dog-friendly restaurant.
3) A DVD of the Disney/Tim Burton film, Frankenweenie (a 4-disc combo pack).
4) A DVD of the family-friendly movie I Heart Shakey.
5) A perpetual dog-themed calendar, with beautiful black and white photos, and touching dog-themed quotes. Perfect for annual recurring dates like birthdays and anniversaries.
7) Then, you will automatically be registered (just by sending us your emailed receipt) for A Getaway Package from one of our dog-friendly Florida resort partners, like the TradeWinds Island Grand, Steinhatchee Landing Resort, Changing Tides, Hotel Indigo, Siesta Key Bungalows, The Chart House Suites, Heron Cay Lakeview Bed & Breakfast.
So, how much do we love our dogs? Let us count the ways.
1) Accentuate Your Love – We found these pillows (shown below) at Fluffy Puppies in Clearwater. Vamp up a couch or chair, and show the world you love to adopt dogs.
2) One of our most spectacular finds were these Bada Bling Bada Bloom collars at Fluffy Puppies (shown below). Exquisitely adorned with Swarovski crystal beads, you might think they would be ridiculously expensive. But, think again. They’re beautiful and reasonably priced. Perfect for a night on the town.
3) Be My Valentine. Now, if it’s your dog you’re shopping for, this sweet little I Heart You tee, worn by our model, Chloe, says it all. Available at One Lucky Dog in multiple sizes, while supplies last. Be sure to check out their line of tee shirts for humans, including the “I Kissed A Dog and I Liked It.”
4 & 5) Call Me, Maybe? Oh yea these numbers are one-of-a-kind finds, and available exclusively at Pawsitively Posh Pooch. Hand-sewn with delicate appliqués and jewels, the couture lines carried at Pawsitively Posh Pooch are from fashion-first cities like Milan, Paris, and Spain. Plan on spending some time here, as you uncover treasure after treasure, like the gorgeous harness, worn by store dog, Zoe. Available in various sizes.
6) Dental Health Month. In conjunction with National Pet Dental Health Month, February is also Responsible Pet Owners Month. Now is a good time to stock up on some in-home preventive measures like the Fresh Breath Liquid Floss spray and Triflossball, available at Pet Food Warehouse. The dynamic duo treatment doubles as a great way to clean your dog’s teeth during playtime. Throughout February, Pet Food Warehouse is offering 20% off on all dental products. Stop in to see their huge display, and have your questions answered by a knowledgeable staff. Be sure to check out their I Heart Dogs T-shirts. Another sweet Valentine’s gift for dog lovers.
7) Environmentally dog-friendly. Who can resist the charming handmade and hand-painted Adirondack chairs, complete with a motif that includes your dog’s likeness? Wet Noses, the shabby-chic cottage boutique in Sarasota’s Downtown, carries some wonderful finds, created by local artists.
For the love of dog, come along and have some fun with Florida’s top dog lifestyle magazine. Be sure to stay connected to all things Florida Dog via The New Barker blog, Facebook page and Weekend PupDates. We’ll be offering fun specials and more giveaways throughout the year.