We’ve compiled a resource guide of The New Barker advertising partners and will continue to update it as necessary. Please copy and paste the link in your Notes app so that you may refer back for news and updates. Please also consider supporting these businesses, now, by purchasing gift certificates. Another way to offer support is to follow them on their Facebook pages (links included below) and maybe send them a positive note. Each one of our advertising partners has been there for us, over the years, whenever we’ve asked for their help with fundraising efforts and donations in support of animal advocacy, animal shelter and animal rescue. They need us now, more than ever.
Cagan Farmers’ Market
600 Cagan Park Ave., Clermont
- Friday, March 20 was our last market until the end of the month and then we will let our fans know, as things progress, when we may reopen. We are working on a contact list of our vendors in the event you would like to reach them, and will post that shortly. Check in with us on Facebook.
Dog-Mania & Cats
37846 Meridian Ave., Dade City
- *** CURBSIDE PICKUP *** To help keep you and your fuzzy ones safe from posable Coronavirus exposure, Dog-Mania & Cats is offering curbside pickup. Call us to place your order and we’ll have it ready for you. 352.467.9622. Keep up to date with us via Facebook.
- Hello Patch Family, We are writing to let you know that we are open and here for you. For now, our store hours at both locations are the same as always. Our shelves are pretty well-stocked, and we have been getting regular deliveries. Our amazing team has been doing their very best to keep the shelves stocked & to serve you the very best that they can. Please be courteous to our team members during this difficult time. We could all use a little positivity.
One Lucky Dog
5320 4th St. N., St. Petersburg
- One Lucky Dog remains open at this time to provide safe service to all. We continue to use updated hygiene practices by the CDC that are good to follow in all seasons. Our staff are being asked to stay home and take care of themselves if they, or their family members, are ill. If you are not feeling well, please call us and we will provide options for your dog’s care. Please continue to schedule appointments for grooming and shop for dog food and treats as we are here to help with all of your pet’s needs. 727.527.5825.
Our House Is A Very Fine House
475 Main St., Dunedin
- Our House Is A Very Fine House is temporarily closed. For a short time, purchase gift certificates at 20% off. Take advantage of the savings and help by supporting local. Call the shop at 727.614.8198 or email firstname.lastname@example.org.
The Doggie Bag 1702 E. Edgewood Drive, Lakeland 863.683.6220. We are open 10a-6p, offering curbside and delivery services. Delivery service fees are waived at this time. Please call us with your order, payment and we’ll have it ready for you to pick up. The Doggie Bag A Pet Boutique is here for you, Lakeland pet lovers. We’re getting deliveries of shipment in and are fully stocked.
Pawsitively Pure Dog Food
- If you need dog food, treats, or broth, we deliver right to your door so you don’t have to face the lines at the grocery stores. Click here to see our products and start shopping. Thank you for supporting local independent.
Pet Food Warehouse1830 61st Ave N-Town Plaza Center
- Closed to WALK-IN traffic at Pet Food Warehouse Beginning on Saturday, March 21st, due to the effects of this global health crisis and our sincere concern for our customers, staff, and their families, we are offering Curbside Service orders. Call us at727.521.6191 or email your order request to Petfoodstpete1@gmail.com. Our store hours will be as follows, until further notice:
- Sunday 🐾Temporarily closed on Sundays
- Thursday 🐾Noon-6
- Friday 🐾Noon-6
Tampa Bay Markets
- As an effort to keep the public safe we are following the guidelines issued by the CDC for large events and will be closing all scheduled events left on the calendar for the month of March.
The Black Dog, 386 Saint Armands Circle, Sarasota 941.953.1409
As a family-owned company, the health and well-being of our pack – customers, employees and partners – is our highest priority. In order to do our part to help contain the spread of the COVID-19 virus, we are taking this time to “paws” for the greater good by closing all US general stores until April 7th, 2020. Additionally, we can no longer process website orders at this time. Our warehouse is located in the state of Massachusetts, which is currently under a “stay at home” advisory by Governor Baker. Please check back on April 7th for updates and changes to our policies in place. Our Customer Service Team is working safely from home and available from Monday-Friday 9:00am to 5:00pm EST for any questions you may have. Please email email@example.com or call 800-626-1991.
Country Oaks Animal Hospital 1412 Belcher Rd., Palm Harbor. 727.785.6524
Dr. Elizabeth Baird, DVM, CVPP
– Country Oaks Animal Hospital will be offering drop off visits for clients. Drop off visits are when your pet is left here at the hospital, examined by the doctor and picked up later in the day.- We may ask that some routine appointments/surgeries be scheduled in the future to minimize person to person interaction- Nail trims and anal gland expression appointments will be postponed for the next two-three weeks- Whether you have an appointment scheduled or would like to drop your pet off, we can come meet you curbside and bring your pet in while you wait in the comfort of your car, minimizing person-to-person contact- For all routine non-sick appointments. We will be coming to the car and getting your pet and taking your pet inside the hospital for exam. Payment will be done outside as well. – Prescription refills-we are having you pay over the phone for refills and a staff member will bring the medication to your car.
Animal Hospital Of Dunedin 1355 Pinehurst Rd., Dunedin 727.733.9351
Dr. Gregory Todd
- As of now, Animal Hospital of Dunedin is remaining open with normal business hours to continue to serve the needs of our patients and community. Any updates to our schedule will be posted right here on our Facebook page.
- CLICK HERE to view full post
Cross Creek Animal Medical 19323 Cross Creek Blvd., Tampa – 813.994.6929
Dr. Timothy D. Hodge
- As if you want to read more about Covid-19… We want you to know we take this serious and are taking the following steps to do our part. YES, WE ARE STILL OPEN TO SEE YOUR PETS.
- CLICK HERE to view full post
Davis Island Animal Clinic 225 E. Davis Blvd., Tampa 813.251.4384. We’re open, seeing one patient/client at a time. We have been asked/tasked to stop all elective/non-emergency surgeries. We are seeing routine medical problems and concerns.
Harmony Vet Care 5420 Webb Road, Tampa. 813.871.0850
- Saturday, March 21st, was our last walk in vaccine clinic until further notice. Remaining walk in vaccine clinics:
- Thursday, March 19th, 9am-4pm
- Friday, March 20th, 9am-4pm
- Saturday, March 21st, 9am-4pm
- This is in effort to space out our exams and increase our social distancing, while focusing our efforts on the sick and injured pets who need medical attention during COVID 19. You will still be able to receive preventative health care, but will need to schedule an appointment. Exams up until 4 pm are $36 and after 4 pm are $45. Thank you for your understanding and cooperation! Follow us on Facebook for updates.
Medicine River Animal Hospital 13495 Gulf Blvd., Madeira Beach 727.299.9029
Dr. Shawna L. Green, DVM
- Medicine River Animal Hospital is limiting appointments, for now, to medically necessary only and need to try and postpone all elective procedures. Our team has been very busy confirming appointments and updating you daily to these quickly changing protocols. Please be patient with us as we try and service all your needs to the best of our ability. This is a stressful, uncertain time that we are all going through.
Urgent Pet Care of S. Tampa 4241 Henderson Blvd., Tampa 813.289.4086
Dr. Shelly Marquardt, DVM
4241 Henderson Blvd., Tampa
- WE ARE OPEN. We at “URGENT PET CARE of SOUTH TAMPA” are practicing all guidelines directed by the CDC, we ask that you do not come in to our office if you are sick, have tested positive or been exposed to someone who has, or who have traveled in the past 14 days. Please have a designated person lined up to bring your pet in should you have an emergency, if that is not possible call our office and we will direct you as to what we will need to do to keep everyone safe.
1212 N 34th St., Tampa.
- In the light of the recent Coronavirus and all of the challenges it is posing throughout every level of our community, the Board of Directors of Fuzzie Buddies has decided to a temporary close of Fuzzie Buddies effective March 20, 2020 at 7pm for 15 days. Please follow us on Facebook for updates. Thank you to our staff and loyal clients for your support.
Pasadena Pet Motel
6735 Gulfport Blvd. S., S. Pasadena
- We ask that our Pasadena Pet Motel clients please follow this protocol with us:
- · Please call us at 727.345.2852 when you come into the parking lot for drop off’s and pick up’s.
- · One of our staff members will meet you at your vehicle and get your dog and their belongings, or bring you your dog and their belongings.
- · All dogs must have a leash and collar already securely on to where the dog cannot slip out of their collar. Also, no retractable leashes will be allowed
- · For payment method, we would prefer when you pick up that you call in your credit card information from the parking lot. This will help in lessoning exposure through the handling of cash and checks.
- Since this protocol is not our norm, please be patient with the process. Allow yourself more time than usual for this updated drop off and pick up process. Thank you to all of our clients for understanding, and supporting our small business! We will also be helping our local seniors and other less fortunate locals in need
Paws Inn Paradise
10700 66th St. N., Pinellas Park.
- For those of you not comfortable with coming into our building, we are more than welcome to come out & get your dog or bring them out to you. Please be sure to provide payment over the phone &/or provide instructions prior to pick up/drop off. Please be patient as we may be helping other clients. We are here if you need anything!! 727.520.7297 or text us at 629-90
- Stay connected with us for updates
Love My Dog Resort Downtown 928 18th St. N., St. Petersburg 727.826.0102
A message for Medical Professionals and First Responders: Love My Dog Resort Downtown is extending its doggie daycare hours to better accommodate those working the frontline during our national crisis. 6:30am drop off and 8pm pick up. We have curbside drop off and pick up.
Natures Pet Loss 646 W. Jefferson St., Brooksville 352.777.4990.
We, at Natures Pet Loss, want to keep everyone’s health in mind. From here forward we will be reducing our showroom/memorial room hours to 9a-3p and Saturdays 10a-2p. For our employee’s health and yours we will still be doing at home pick-ups but will have you bring your pet out to us driveway/curbside. We are also available weekends/after hours for emergencies 24/7 by calling 352-777-4990. We care about you and your health! Be well and God bless you and your families. Call if you have questions. Thank you
Bayshore Dog Training www.bayshoredogtraining.com We are OPEN for business! We are offering both In-home AND online training at this time. For in-home training, we are following CDC guidelines and will be taking all measures needed to make it a safe and healthy environment. We know that dogs need training no matter what is going on in the world, and we are here to help! Contact us with any questions, and stay safe!
The Canine Company www.TheCanineCompany.com 813.200.4204. Phone and online training consultation.
STK9 Dog Training www.STK9Training.com 813.200.4204. Phone and online training consultation.
Sarasota Dog Wizard 7909 34th Ave. East, Bradenton 941.866.0234. www.SarasotaDogWizard.com Call us for phone and online consultations.
PetStyles by Jennifer
426 Patricia Ave., Dunedin
- Yes we are OPEN! 727.736.2468
- We have openings for small and large dogs over the next few days. If we do get stuck in our homes, clean dogs are a must! We are taking extra precautions to keep everyone as safe as possible It’s a good time to take advantage of contactless pay. Apple Pay, etc. Everyone stay safe from all of us at PetStyles by Jennifer.
Safer Home Pest Service
4190 112th Ter N, Clearwater
- This letter also serves to inform you that Safer Home Services will continue to operate our normal Monday through Saturday hours for your convenience.If you have questions about your regular service or are experiencing a pest control or termite problem please call 1-833-NOT-1-BUG. We will do our best to provide you with the level of service and satisfaction you’ve come to expect from Safer Home Services.
- We understand that many of our customers have questions about our services and the steps we are taking to ensure their safety and that of our employees. Read more about our updated procedures: https://bit.ly/2U5BVv1.
Bella’s Italian Cafe 1413 S. Howard Ave., Tampa 813.254.3355
We will continue to offer curbside pickup with a 10% discount, along with our mobile delivery partners: DoorDash, MobileMeals and UberEats. Additionally, we are now authorized to sell sealed beer and wine through curbside pickup. A valid ID will be required. We are investigating selling alcohol through our delivery partners and will update you if/when that happens. To Order Curbside Pickup from Bella’s Italian Cafe:
1. Check out our current takeout menu, which includes our beer and wine lists, and call us at (813) 254-3355 to place your order.
2. Pull in to one of our reserved parking spots.
3. We’ll bring your order out to you!
Brew-D-Licious 667 Central Ave., St. Petersburg 727.741.2249 – Closed temporarily until further notice. For updates, follow us on Facebook.
Columbia Restaurants All Florida Locations – Closed until further notice.
Goody Goody Burgers 1601 W. Swann Ave., Tampa. Closed temporarily until further notice. Stay connected with us on Facebook.
ULELE On The Riverwalk, Tampa. Closed temporarily until further notice. Stay connected with us on Facebook.
ChaCha Coconuts 417 St. Armands Circle, Sarasota. Closed temporarily until further notice. Stay connected with us on Facebook. https://www.facebook.com/chachacoconut/
A message from Richard Gonzmart, President, Columbia Restaurant Group 4th Generation Family Member: Thank you for all your birthday wishes during this difficult most time for my staff and family. For those of you who wonder what you can do for my birthday, please consider buying a Columbia Restaurant gift card that will 100% will benefit our nearly 1,400 employees that have been furloughed. Click on the link below: https://tinyurl.com/ColumbiaGiftCard.
For any purchases between now and the end of April, 100 percent of the money will go to our Columbia Restaurant Group Employee Assistance Fund, a pool of money that will be provided to our employees at all of our brands.
And for this period, for any purchase of $500, we’ll add another $50.
Thank you for your support! Together, We’ll Get Through This! Here’s to life and embracing each day with gratitude, passion, compassion, empathy, kindness, integrity, faith and purpose! —Richard
Cob & Pen 1221 S. Florida Ave., Lakeland. 863.937.8126.
New Hours New Menu 7 days a week, 11am-8pm. Our new curbside & pick up menu!! Call in and pick up, or use one of our delivery partners, Grub Hub or Bite Squad. #supportlkld 🦢
Dog Bar St. Pete 2300 Central Ave., St. Pete. 727.317.4968
Closed temporarily until further notice We are offering a human-free doggie play zone from Noon-7p. Follow Dog Bar St. Pete on Facebook for daily updates.
Grace Pass-A-Grille 120 8th Avenue, St. Pete Beach
We are offering takeout and curbside pick-up. Dine-in is no longer available for now. We will be offering the same amazing food & service but To Go! We are also offering bottled Wine 🍷 for sale! Our new hours will be 11:30 to 7:30 🕢 Until further notice. We are here to provide fresh food to our community, and appreciate your continued support! Please Call ☎️ 727.317.4770 to Place Orders. We at Grace Restaurant thank you. If able Please Share! #eatatgrace
Pete & Shorty’s Clearwater and Pinellas Park locations Well we knew it was coming and here we are! Moving to TO-GO only! Order Curbside at 727-799-0580 or Delivery which is available through Uber Eats and Bite Squad! Wishing everyone the best through this difficult time and hope to see you all inside the restaurant on a positive note soon!
Pete and Shorty’s Iowa Bistro Clearwater: 2820 Gulf to Bay Blvd. 727-799-0580
Pete and Shorty’s Iowa Bistro Pinellas Park: 7402 49th St. N. 727.549.8000.
Sea Sea Riders Restaurant 221 Main St., Dunedin 727.734.1445. We are temporarily closed. Please follow us on Facebook for updates.
Swah-Rey Dessert Bar 2105 Central Avenue and 625 Central Avenue, St. Petersburg
We opened #swahrey almost 5yrs ago as a place for great Desserts🧁 to be served with Kindness and to be part of the Heart & Soul of St Petersburg. We have closed both locations and 100% plan to reopen our stores. In the meantime, please stay home to stay safe. We at swah-rey wish everyone good health as our country and our world works through this trying time.
Sweet Sage Cafe 16725 Gulf Blvd., North Redington Beach. 727.391.0453.
Tangelo’s Grille 3121 Beach Blvd. S., Gulfport 727.894.1695.
Tangelo’s is open for To Go Food beginning at 9 am. Call us at 727.894.1695 to place your order. Drop by, pick up some food and have a picnic in beautiful Veteran’s Park in Gulfport! Come taste our fresh batch of Mimosa Pops popsicles.
Tamiami Tap 711 S. Osprey Ave., Sarasota 941.500.3182. We have temporarily paused operations. Please follow us on Facebook for updates.
The Galley St. Pete 27 4th St. N., St. Petersburg 727.575.7071 👉FOOD – BEER – WINE – LIQUOR-PACKAGE DRINKS TO GO !!! 🍻
We’re rolling with the changes St. Pete. Our dining room is closed at this time but our to-go window is in full service! 25% OFF EVERYTHING ⚓️ 11:30AM-10PM GRATUITY GRACIOUSLY ACCEPTED! ❤️ Keep us in your thoughts and follow us on Facebook for updates.
The Honu 516 Grant Street, Dunedin 727.333.7777
To go and free delivery (within 5 miles) at The HONU. Alcohol is available for purchase along with our housemate Blueberry Sangria in growlers and to-go Tiki Cocktails. Call 727.400.7273. We appreciate you all and are here to brighten your day! – MAHALO!!!
The Brown Boxer Pub & Grille Clearwater Beach – 483 Mandalay Ave. 727.441.6000 and 741 Bayway Blvd. 727.286.8906. The Brown Boxer Pub & Grille has temporarily closed. Please stay connected via social media for updates.
Wildflower Cafe 1465 S. Ft. Harrison, Clearwater 727.447.4497 – Good NEW News!!! Skip the drive-thru and try one of our delicious housemade meals, packed and ready for you to finish in the oven. Wildflower Cafe and Market are both open for take out/pick up Monday-Sunday, 9a-3p. Limited delivery area available including Morton Plant Hospital.
Some of our furiends who love The New Barker Dog Magazine: Annie, Benny, Max, Sanibel, and Scout. Photography by Tina K. VaLant.